Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turkey Dressing.

So I finally got a second to myself this weekend and wanted to say hi and get back to my lovely followers! With Thanksgiving right around the corner all I can think about (other than the million school things I have going on) is what I will be cooking...AND WEARING to all the Thanksgiving festivities! I have my priorities straight! ;) hehe

Hubby and I will be splitting the holiday between his wonderful family at their home and mine who will be staying at The Homestead for Thanksgiving weekend.  Because my middle sister is in Spain and not with us for turkey day we decided what better time to escape for a holiday retreat!  This place is AHHHMAAAZING you guys! Here's a few pics...

Christmas decorations start next week! Just in time for our arrival. 

The Christmas Tree Lighting is one of the most magical events over the Thanksgiving weekend. 

Lobby. 
Lovely old-fashioned rooms. 

Maybe we'll get some snow!!!

View from the back. 

One of the grand foyers. 

Needless to say I'm SO EXCITED to get away for a few days!  I can't wait for hubby to experience all things Homestead! :)  There's ice-skating, horeseback riding, an incredible spa, a little hot-chocolate cafe, gorgeous old libraries to explore...the list goes on and on.  I'll be sure to take a ton of pictures to show you guys when we get back.

Is everyone as excited for Thanksgiving as I am???  My wonderful sister in law and mama in law and I are dividing things up and I've decided that I'm cooking my grandmother's old fashioned mashed potatoes, this amazing looking sweet potato souffle, this INSANE chicken, bacon, ranch mac n' cheese, and some kind of dessert or whatever else I can think of!  What do you guys think??  Anyone have any other family recipes they'd like to share???  Hubby also wants some sort of green been casserole so I was thinking of foregoing the canned version and maybe doing something like this?

So, now that we've decided on the food the next most important thing is....WHAT TO WEAR???

Part of me loves a snuggly, winterized outfit perfect for this season:

Juicy Couture. 

Theyskens' Theory. 

Naughty Monkey (gotta love that name!?). 


But the other part of me wants to add a little sophistication to a Thanksgiving dinner and go for something like this:
I just got this from J. Crew and can't WAIT to wear it!




All J. Crew-all fabulous!

Can't go wrong with a dark skinny pair of jeans.
J. Brand. 

Rachel Zoe. 


What will you all be donning to your Thanksgiving dinners?  Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! Cheers! :)

1 comment:

  1. HAYL! Omg the bacon ranch mac n cheese! Are we serious!? And for those of you reading....I'm the middle sister in Spain while my family is going to the magical Homestead! I can't wait see pics of what you're cooking.....I'm bugging Mom to send me the apple pie recipe online cuz we're having our own friends Thanksgiving w/ a Spanish twist! Love you so much....can't wait to hear how everything goes! Tell Rose and Charmie (Charmy?) I say hi too!

    ReplyDelete