Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post Halloween Cleanse.

Alright now I know for many of us (myself included!) it's difficult to finally throw away that last bit of Halloween candy but.... the time has come!

Today is Day 1 of my post-Halloween cleanse my friends! (cue dreadful scary music! haha)

After a weekend of pre-Halloween festivities, Halloween, and 60728426278 mini-Twix bars it's time to get back on the train of healthy living :)  I feel like cleanses can be a great way to kick start healthy habits after any kind of over indulgence.  Whether for you that's too many glasses of Pinot Grigio over the weekend or consuming the remaining half-dozen of your sister's Halloween cupcakes...you get the idea...and cleanses can be a great way to kind of flush all that out and start over!

There are a million different kinds of cleanses out there.  We've all heard about Beyonce's Dreamgirls Diet (aka the Master Cleanse which is some kind of lemon, pepper, cayenne, maple syrup disaster drink!) haha or Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP detox.  I have decided to go with the BluePrint Cleanse.  I did this cleanse once before last summer and it was great! (Well truthfully it was tough okay haha but I did end the 3 days feeling lighter and had TONS of energy!)

The BluePrint Cleanse has been touted by celebs near and far and is a HUGE hit in NYC (and now LA).  The juices are FedEx'd to your doorsteps after being freshly made in NYC.  For 3 days you drink 6 different juices that are all organic, and vegan.  I've elected to do the middle-of-the-road cleanse bc I did the beginners one last time and am now a more advanced cleanser ;) hehe...Also can I just say: Spotted. 2 wks ago on Gossip Girl. Serena's new boss toting a tiny BPC lunch pail and talking about her new "juice cleanse."  We all know what that is! ;) The Cashew drink Serena mentions is #6 of your daily juices and I CANNOT wait for it to get here tomorrow already!




So here goes!  For day 1 I'm doing a juice 'til dinner by BPC so 4 different juices during the day and then probably some raw veggies or broth for dinner (YUM! haha).  Then tomorrow starts the remaining 3 days of just juicing....WISH ME LUCKKKK!  I'll keep you guys posted with updates!

As far as today goes...so far, so good!  Giving up coffee is probably the hardest part about the beginning of this cleanse.  Today I've had my green juice (#1) and (#2) my pineapple, mint juice which is RIDICULOUSLY good!  I was really sad when I realized I drank the whole thing in about 5 minutes. haha :/

More to come as the day goes on....

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Hayley! I have read medical research recently that validates fasting or "juice fasts" as an extremely healthy thing to do for your body! Good luck to you! And props for picking a vegan option :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Hayley, although I would have liked to have had a cupcake from the girls....ha ha. Good luck and let me know how it goes, I would love to do something like that, but not sure the family would live through it. Love you Aunt Lizzy

    ReplyDelete