Saturday, October 29, 2011

Curling Up.

Speaking of rain, what could be better in this type of weather (weird-does that rhyme?! haha) than jumping into a snuggly, clean, fluffy bed?  

Growing up, The Sound of Music was a staple in our home and my mother has forever coined the phrase "Sound of Music Bed" based on the layers of fluff and fabric that created the bed from the Julie Andrews classic. 

The original.
How do you guys feel about bedding?  I'm currently in a place where I'm inspired by white, white, white...and more white.  Something like these...

Devon Radziwill's
Crosby Street apt from Vogue.com

Amazing blog Shelter



Home of one of my favorite couples ever.
Lonny mag. Decorating bible.

I must be having a Rachel Zoe moment lately bc this is one of my
FAVES.  In the words of RZ I. DIE. for the 4 poster bed...hubby are you reading this??? :)

How do you guys feel about decorating your beds/bedrooms?  I feel bedrooms should be a peaceful sanctuary for sleeping.........etc. :) I personally didn't grow up in a tv in the bedroom kind of home and hubby and I agree on not loving the idea of having a tv in the bedroom either.  

Now...just to be tooootally candid, we doooo have one in our room currently (i know-i hate it) but really its bc: 1) we have no where else to put it and its a relatively brand new flat screen haha and 2) if I'm ever getting ready in the morning and need to check traffic I'll flip it on.  I think max viewing time on that lil guy has been mayyyybe 30 min IN TOTAL. haha

What do you all think?


....And FYI throughout the course of this post the rain in Baltimore has now changed to snow/sleet!  Praying for hubby who's currently OUTSIDE at John's Hopkins watching his "little" brother (see Joe-you got a shout out!!! ;) hehe) on the Ursinus football team!

2 comments:

  1. RAINDROPS ON ROSES AND WHISKERS ON KITTENSSS ;) love Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bedrooms! I love lots of layers and lots of pillows!

    ReplyDelete